Monday, September 22, 2008

Mandarin Chinese

Over the past months (on and off) I've been picking up a some chinese. Some from my girlfriend, and some from Computer Programs.

However, my hardship in learning and retaining information made it difficult for me to stick to learning and remembering the words.

If I am anything - it's stuborn. As such, I don't intend to let it be. I aim to learn as much chinese as I can until the end of the year.

For that I'm trying Rosetta Stone. It's a program that uses immersion in the language as a part of it's technique to bind you with the language. Once you start the program, all you see and hear is the language you chose, plus photos and such. No english to piggyback you along.

I hope this method will make things easier for me.

As I said, if anything, I am stuborn!

No comments: