Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sleep


Lately sleep is more on my mind.

Maybe because neither me nor G is getting much sleep, maybe because of the strange dreams, maybe because of the bed/matress shopping we're doing to find the ultimate matress for us both (not an simple task).

So my brain yearns for more sleep, my brows feels like they're hanging by a thread, and every now and then I toy with the idea of crawling under my work desk and curling up in a fetal position, using my bag as a make-shift pillow.

Even with the lack of sleep, I begin my day with a level of energy, kiss G goodbye, plow through the day with ever-decreasing levels of alertness, and drive myself home to slump on the couch in front of the TV or on the swivel chair next to the PC.

I wouldn't go to sleep earlier since I wouldn't be able to fall asleep and also it would make me feel like my life comprise of work and sleep and little else.

Weekends seems to get even busier than weekdays. Family, friends, travelling, errands and so on.

Sipping on my cup of tea and reading what I just wrote it feels a bit petty. But for me, that's one of the advantages of having a blog :) - Venting whatever I want to vent. (within reason)

Till next time, keep well!

No comments: