Tuesday, September 02, 2008

State of Despair


Every day I go to work, as I pull into parking and get out of my car, a wave of despair washes over me.
It matters not what work there is to do, or how long is the day in front of me.
A cloud of depression comes over me and makes the beginning of my day pretty dreary.
So I try to fight it, using caffeine, sugar, forced smiles, but sometimes I think to myself that maybe I'm just not a morning person - on top of not liking my job.
The not liking my job part stems a lot from the wearing out of doing the same kind of work (of the people service and support kind) day in and day out for some years now.
It's taking me nowhere, and until recently I've been feeling like there's no real escape.
Now, since I got myself diagnosed for ADD, there's a little ray of hope - I can actually better my position, I can actually make an attempt at learning something new and not lose interest before a day passes.
So, it this state of despair, there is hope. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is hope. :)
- G