Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Change


I started this post yesterday, but today it gets one more meaning - with the presidential election that entered Barack Obama as the first Black president in the history of the united states.

Congratulations to him, and I hope he'll bring good change to the citizens of the united states.

As for my change, it refers to changes I wish to make in my occupation. I've been staying in a job I don't care much about for financial security for way too long.

When you stay in a place for such reasons, erosion raises its ugly head pretty fast and it affects all areas of life.

Even though I'm not exactly bored in my job, it definitely lacks the ability to excite me and to enrich me. I like some of its aspects, but I am definitely not challenged, and I don't feel like a more challenging version of the same job would make any measurable difference for me.

As a part of my slow move to change, I am taking steps to address my ADD issues, as well as starting to explore the business possibilities out there.

Financial gain is also a reason for wanting this change. Money is a means to an end, and that end is freedom to do what I want and ultimately - not to work unless I feel I'll enjoy it - but not out of necessity.

Wish me luck! :)

No comments: