Monday, May 19, 2008

Indiana


Old, Tired, Exhausted Franchise, Cliche. It's all been said about this movie.
Naturally, I dont really care. I'll go and watch it.
Maybe because I'm an indy fan, maybe because I just want to re-live the way
I felt when I saw the previous movies in the cinema.
Heroes don't really get old. Well, they do, but not in the mind of their fans.
**SPOILER** From the two short trailers I've seen, they might be grooming a
young new actor to take on the roll of indy's successor (did anyone say "milking the franchise
some more"?)
Personally, I don't like it. If it's not Harrison Ford, it is not Indy for me.
If he can't do it anymore I respect that and think this coming movie should end the
Saga.
This indy movie is the last (so far anyways) in a series of comebacks. I think it started with "Superman returns" (even though it's a new actor), continued with "Rocky Balboa" and "Rambo 4" and now it's Indy's turn. (oh, and of course "Die hard 4")
Why did they come up with a re-hash of these franchises now? That's anybody's guess.
My phone's trutone these days is (of course) Indy's opening theme. It makes me, and people around me smile. Even if some of them don't recognize it at first.
I won't get to watch the movie at it's premiere here in Israel, but I'm sure to watch it a few days or a week later.
Spending the weekend with my family and my girl is well worth the delay :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save your time and money by not seeing this. I'm a die-hard Raiders fan and this was a royal punch to the gut. Some things are best left untouched. If you do see it, that's fine. I'm just warning you is all.

Jane

Oren said...

Seen the movie. granted it's not as good as the first three.. but times change, and I guess they couldnt help themselves. I enjoyed some parts of the movie though.