Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Neighbors Fight





This morning, I was awakened by a crackle noise followed by a female yelling at someone.
When I went to investigate, I saw from my window (2nd storie) that someone from one of the apartment buildings next to mine decided to burn dead wood and dry thorns in a big bonfire that sent a billowing cloud of smoke above.
Naturally, it arose some attention, and the guy's neighbor from the building next door came and started shouting at him telling him he cannot and should not do that.
He held his own and said that it's none of her business and that she shouldn't stick her nose in. She threatened to call the police to which he responded by saying she can do whatever she wants. She went back into her apartment and I assume she made her call.
I know I should have gone down and made my complaint as well.. but I didnt. I have a few reasons and a few excuses too, but The thing is, I didn't.
I thought about it, but didn't. Wanted to, but didn't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a situation I've not had in 14 years! The apartment thing's something that really taxes community minded folks like yours truly, and I admire your own courage (I'm assuming that you'd *choose* otherwise) to be in it!

To have made a difference would have taken *time.* Time would have been of the essence. That essence would have been precious ...

- Andrea